In order to win a medical malpractice case in Pennsylvania, your medical malpractice attorney must help you prove that your medical related injury occurred as a result of the following factors:
- That a medical professional responsible for your care deviated from the standard of care also known as negligence.
- That the departure substantially caused and/or contributed to your injuries.
- That the injuries you’ve suffered are permanent, significant, lessen your quality of life, limit your ability to work and earn a living and cause you long-term pain and suffering.
All of these conditions must be proven by an expert physician who has either treated you and can confirm each aspect of your case, or by an expert who has reviewed the records and can confirm each element of your medical malpractice claim.
There is an endless number of injuries and illnesses. Some of the common ones are:
- Nursing home negligence or abuse
- Birth related injuries, mother and child
- Cerebral palsy from birth injury
- Brain Damage
- Misdiagnosis of Cancer including: Breast, Lung, Colon and Skin Cancers
- Cardiac (heart attack) care negligence
- Surgical error
- Medical Procedure error
- Failure to diagnose any illness
- Amputation error
- Burns, scarring, or disfigurement from treatment
- Spinal cord injuries
- A worsening of a condition after treatment
- Wrong medicine (prescription)
- Home health care injury
- Allergic reaction to a medication
- Medical Equipment injury
- Other Medical and Hospital Negligence
A medical malpractice action must be filed within 2 years of the discovery of an injury. Contact Us or CALL 855-687-4357 TO SPEAK DIRECTLY TO A MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ATTORNEY immediately if you feel that you have been injured by a doctor, hospital, dentist, chiropractor, pharmacist, therapist or any other health care professional.